Open access versions of the academic research publications listed below can be accessed here: Research Explorer
- ‘Reading Ecological Memoirs: the emotional and conversational context of transformation’. Alette Willis, chapter in Storytelling and Sustainability edited by Molthan-Hill, Petra; Luna, Heather; Wall, Tony; Baden, Denise. and Puntha, Helen. Routledge. (2020)
- ‘Science Communication – embedding stories in every science degree’ Alette Willis, chapter in Storytelling and Sustainability edited by Molthan-Hill, Petra; Luna, Heather; Wall, Tony; Baden, Denise. and Puntha, Helen. Routledge. (2020)
- ‘Conversations in the Wildwood: Narrators, Readers and the Rise of the Ecological Self.’ Alette Willis. Environmental Education Research, 25.3 (2019): 443-457.
- ‘Reading John Muir’s Life: changing children’s attitudes through a graphic novel’,. Alette Willis and Franziska Schmidt. Environmental Education Research, 24.7 (2018).
- ‘Engaging with a History of Counselling, Spirituality and Faith in Scotland: A Readers’ Theatre Script.’ Alette Willis, Liz Bondi, MaryCatherine Burgess, Gavin Miller, David Fergusson. British Journal of Guidance and Counselling 42.5 (2014).
- ‘Bearing Witness: Re-storying the Self in Places that are Always More than Human Made.’ Alette Willis. Animal Studies Journal, 2.1 (2013): 8-27.
- ‘Constructing a story to live by: Ethics, emotions and academic practice in the context of climate change.’ Alette Willis. Emotion, Space and Society 5 (2012): 52-59.
- ‘Re-storying wilderness and adventure therapies: healing places and selves in an era of environmental crises.’ Alette Willis. Journal of Adventure Education and Outdoor Learning 11.2 (2011): 91-108.
- ‘Restorying the Self, Restoring Place: Healing through Grief in Everyday Places.’ Alette Willis. Emotion, Space and Society 2.2 (2009).